Pages

Welcome to my blog!

I am Buffy, I live in Iowa with my kitty cat Meowshine and stay rather busy trying to be healthy, eating right, working out, working my full-time job and running my own custom jewelry business on the side. Thanks for coming along for the ride :)



Monday, May 24, 2010

This weeks plan of attack!

Monday morning already? This past weekend definitely went by a little slower and it was a welcome change from previous weekends we’ve had. We have been so busy for the last few months, I am looking forward to our first free weekend in a long time. Of course it is filling up with stuff to do but sounds like fun stuff to do :)

My plans last weekend went ok. I had a lot of fun and ate more then I expected to but I also held back and didn’t feel totally out of control. I didn’t eat the best but it could have been much worse. I know that the weekends are my biggest down fall and obstacle when it comes to losing weight. I know I will figure something out though, where I don’t feel deprived but still can stick to a sensible plan. The next weekend is another chance to try again. Once I have finalized our plans for the weekend I can come up with a plan of attack to be good. You know me and my plans :)

So as for my goals this week…
-Behave very well in the food department. I know this weekend is shaping up to a lot of grill outs and what not and I need to try and do my best during the week to minimize the damage. I will keep most of my days down at the lower end of my calorie range. I went to the store yesterday and got lots of fresh fruits and veggies (lettuce, tomatoes, strawberries, apples, carrots, etc). We have some great grilled meals planned out and will have plenty of leftovers. I don’t have a lot of junk left in the house so that will help to keep my munching and mindless eating to a minimum too.
-Workout! I have my Zumba and Bootcamp class Monday and Tuesday so I know I will get a great hard workout with those. I also have some yoga and a run planned. The other days I will throw in a DVD, maybe some Tae Bo or one of the Hulu workouts. Something with weights. I want to also get some extra exercise in.
-I have felt super overwhelmed lately so I am also going to work on my to do list to minimize to the necessities and take time for myself to breath and relax. I haven’t realized until recently how much of a worrier I am and how I take on more then I can realistically do. Time to start thinking about what is best for me and my health (physically and emotionally) and stop worrying about everyone else.
-I will tell myself one nice thing a day about myself and try and be as positive as I can. While bad things will happen and there will be things that will discourage me I will continue on trying to be the positive happy person I deserve to be. And the more I do it, the easier it will become.

No comments:

Post a Comment