Pages

Welcome to my blog!

I am Buffy, I live in Iowa with my kitty cat Meowshine and stay rather busy trying to be healthy, eating right, working out, working my full-time job and running my own custom jewelry business on the side. Thanks for coming along for the ride :)



Friday, May 21, 2010

Plateau? Time to get your strength on!

I just read this…
http://caloriecount.about.com/new-look-weight-loss-plateaus-b425152?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_20100518&utm_term=continue1

I have never ever thought of a plateaus as a good thing. I have never read of as one either. It makes sense that your body would fight against the change and after a while start protesting.

I think building muscle is so important but have yet to make sure to include it into my routine. I do workouts that often include weights but do not have a set weight training routine. Some weeks I don’t even do a workout that has weights in them. I know I should and be consistent, but I guess I am still in lose weight mode and that translates to cardio cardio cardio! I have read a lot of articles that say you also have to weight train. I guess it just takes a while to sink into my thick skull…So the moral of this story is DO YOUR WEIGHT TRAINING!

Of course I think it is very important to point out that what you think is a plateau may not be. When I think back at my “plateaus” most probably aren’t. They are usually when I start to slack on my food tracking or severely over doing it over the weekends. So do your weight training and build those muscles, and make sure you keeping track of your food (and being honest with yourself).

No comments:

Post a Comment