Pages

Welcome to my blog!

I am Buffy, I live in Iowa with my kitty cat Meowshine and stay rather busy trying to be healthy, eating right, working out, working my full-time job and running my own custom jewelry business on the side. Thanks for coming along for the ride :)



Saturday, May 22, 2010

Motivation

I love Sparkpeople.com. One of the many reasons I love this free site is because I get to meet all kinds of great, interesting, motivating people. I have made friends with people from all over the United States and the world. I have made friends with people even here in Iowa and even in the same town. It's such a small world! The people whose stories you hear and journey's you follow are so inspiring. When you want to give up, someone there will help you want to keep going.

One of these great, wise people in one of their blogs, was talking about the motivation to work out. She said that it isn’t a matter of motivation for her, you just do it. You have to work out to lose weight, so you do it no matter how you feel. You maybe tired or busy or whatever, you can think of thousands of excuses but at the end of the day you just do it. This has been a lifesaver tip for me because I used to give into those excuses and my lack of motivation. I used to let those reasons keep me in bed, keep me on the couch, or just be lazy in general. But now when my alarm goes off at 6am, my friend pops into my head and tells me it doesn’t matter how I feel about working out, how tired I am…Just get up and do it. When you don’t give yourself permission to negotiate with yourself, it’s easier to get up and get on with it. If it isn’t a question of whether or not you are going to it, it’s a lot easier to get up and get moving.
So the next time you find yourself debating, or if you find yourself wondering where your motivation is, just do it. No negotiation, no second thoughts. Put on your workout gear and get moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment