Pages

Welcome to my blog!

I am Buffy, I live in Iowa with my kitty cat Meowshine and stay rather busy trying to be healthy, eating right, working out, working my full-time job and running my own custom jewelry business on the side. Thanks for coming along for the ride :)



Thursday, May 27, 2010

Great Get-together Recipe

Another one of my favorite treats to take to get-togethers is what my friends now affectionately call ‘Buffy Bars’ and I call them Peanut Butter Cap’n Crunch bars (because it is usually the type of cereal I use). They are always a huge hit and people often request that I bring them. I found it in a magazine once and decided to try and make it. I think it was a Taste of Home copy but again I am not sure. I have been making it so long I don’t even have the original from the magazine I got it from anymore. Course I make them so much I can also make it from memory.

Ingredients
3 tablespoons of regular stick butter (do not use light butter, it does not turn out well and is kinda mushy)
1 tablespoon of peanut butter (can use regular or reduced fat. Nutrition info is calculated with RF)
30 large marshmallows
6 cups of peanut butter flavored cereal (Like Peanut Butter Cap’n Crunch or Cocoa and Peanut butter cereal. I usually get the generic brand of either since it is usually cheaper)
1 ½ cups of regular M&M’s

Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray, set aside.
In a large pot on stove melt butter, peanut butter and marshmallows on medium low heat, stirring occasionally. (Make sure the heat isn’t too high because the mixture will gum up and become hard and unable to stir after a while)
Once mixture is melted and all combined, remove from heat. Then add cereal and M&M's quickly and stir quickly to coat well. As the marshmallow mixture cools will become harder to mix. Then pour into prepared pan. Then I always spray a little cooking spray on my hands and press down the mixture into the pan to get it as even as possible. Allow to cool completely and cut into 24 squares. Enjoy!
Calories: 153.8
Total Fat: 5.5 g
Cholesterol: 5.4 mg
Sodium: 83.7 mg
Total Carbs: 24.7 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.8 g
Protein: 1.6 g

No comments:

Post a Comment