Pages

Welcome to my blog!

I am Buffy, I live in Iowa with my kitty cat Meowshine and stay rather busy trying to be healthy, eating right, working out, working my full-time job and running my own custom jewelry business on the side. Thanks for coming along for the ride :)



Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I define who I am...not anyone else

I was watching the Biggest Loser the other night and during a speaking engagement a girl asked Jillian about losing weight, when you have always been told you can’t do that.
For a long time I was that same girl. I always thought that I couldn’t do anything because that is what I had always been told. But Jillian asked a very important question. A question I am not sure that girl really got. But it rang so true to my heart that I started to cry. Jillian asked that girl, “Says who?”

Who says you can’t do that? Who gets to decide what you are capable of? So often those people saying those things to you are saying those things because of insecurities they have. Things they think they can’t do. The biggest lesson you can learn is that it is not about you, it’s about them and you cannot take those things to heart. You cannot make that a part of who you are. YOU get to decide what you are capable of. You get to decide what can stand in your way. You are the one who decides, not someone else. Your journey is all your own and you cannot let someone else’s words stand in your way.

As soon as you realize that you are who YOU say you are, not someone else’s definition of you, nothing can stand in your way. Sometimes you have to be your biggest supporter and your biggest fan. There are definitely people out there that will support you, all you have to do is find them. But if all you got is you, that is ok. You are the one making the changes and the one making positive changes in your life. So why not celebrate and cheer for that? Why not celebrate the good in your life, instead of dwelling on the bad or past? Why is it so bad to be proud of yourself? It’s not, and don’t let anyone ever make you feel like you should. Those people are just trying to break you down and keep you in the same place they can’t get out of. But none of that is your fault. You can’t fix their problems, you can only fix your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment