Pages

Welcome to my blog!

I am Buffy, I live in Iowa with my kitty cat Meowshine and stay rather busy trying to be healthy, eating right, working out, working my full-time job and running my own custom jewelry business on the side. Thanks for coming along for the ride :)



Monday, August 9, 2010

Weekend update and plan for week 4

Happy Monday! Ok maybe not really, but I can pretend can’t I? We had some pretty bad storms roll through last night, which made it hard to sleep but here I am. I even woke up early for my workout so I am pretty proud of that. Tried out Biggest Loser Bootcamp and I liked it. It is much like the other Biggest Loser DVD’s, came in 5 sections-warm up, section 1,2, and 3 and cool down/stretch. I did the warm up,1, 2 and the stretch. We’ll see how bad I hurt tomorrow because of it :)

Weekend recap…

It was another wedding weekend but this time we were in the wedding (him usher, me guest book attendant) Friday I had a half day at work, and did a new yoga DVD I found on Netflix when I got off. It was alright but I still like Biggest Loser’s Yoga the most. I have Jillian’s Yoga Meltdown in the queue so hopefully that will come soon and I can’t wait to give it a go. I guess I am just picky when it comes to my yoga. Anywho after yoga I did some Zumba. I found some videos on youtube (thanks to Julie for the idea). Just go to youtube and enter Zumba and it brings up a ton of clips. The best ones are from this studio in NC. Then later in the afternoon we were off to the rehearsal dinner and then to help set up the Reception area. We called it an early night since I had to be up at 6am for the 5k.

6am came waaaay too early but I drug my sleepy but out of bed and got ready to go. I had to travel 30 min to my running partner’s house near where the 5k was being held, which was at 7:30am. I was warned that the route was very hilly but I wasn’t really prepared for it. I thought I was but I wasn’t. It was great though and once you made your way though the hills and through the corn field and finished I couldn’t help but be proud. The 5ks I have run in the past are in an area I am very familiar with and have run many times. They have a large hill but nothing compared to the series of hills that this one had. And we had a better time then the last 5k we ran (34:30ish, last time 35:20ish) so I was a happy girl. Tired but happy. They also had breakfast and door prizes so we stuck around for that. I won a pair of tickets to the comedy club. That should be a fun date night for me and the hubby.

Then was time to get ready for the wedding. Came early and tended the guest book. Everyone looked great! The bride was so beautiful and the couple’s so in love. It was awesome. The reception was a lot of fun and the food was awesome! I ate what looked good but tried to not eat too much. The cake was amazing but I got a really large slice and ate most of it. But I danced and danced a lot, so hopefully that helped burn some of it off. I even busted out some Zumba moves. I think the beer helped me be brave enough to do it but it was a lot of fun :)

Over all it was such an awesome fun filled weekend.

As for this week. I am a little sad that I have no Zumba classes this week. It is in between sessions and they are redoing the gym floor so no classes for me. They are having free outdoor bootcamp classes so hopefully I can make it to some of those. Tuesday is going to be hot so we will see how hot if I will go or not. I guess after Wednesday it is supposed to cool down some. Maybe Thursday then, but I have a doctor’s appointment to get a mole removed and I guess they have to cut it out and I am supposed to keep it dry. It is on the middle of my back so I know that would restrain me from doing the ab workout at the end but I could probably do most of the other stuff if the doctor says it is ok. So I guess we’ll see.

This week on the running schedule we have a 6 mile run during the week and a 7 mile run this weekend. Since I don’t have Zumba I might try and squeeze in an additional run sometime this week. The other ones that are on our schedule are 3 or 4 mile runs and I usually skip them since between Zumba and Bootcamp I get enough cardio/running between them. So I think I will try for at least one 3 mile run this week. Other then that it is the first time we don’t have a bunch of stuff going on. Which is weird but good. I know with school starting up in a few weeks it is about to get crazy so I will take the lull. I do have a list of things I hope to get done with my ‘down’ time so we will see how much I can get done.

I hope you all are having a good Monday, and a great start to an awesome week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment