Pages

Welcome to my blog!

I am Buffy, I live in Iowa with my kitty cat Meowshine and stay rather busy trying to be healthy, eating right, working out, working my full-time job and running my own custom jewelry business on the side. Thanks for coming along for the ride :)



Monday, August 16, 2010

New and better week? I sure hope so!

Last week was bad. Not just bad for eating and working out, but bad with life in general. It could have been worse but the bad was definitely inescapable. The town I live flooded (including my basement), our water towers were drained and contaminated through multiple water main breaks, it was 110 with the heat indexes, and half the town had to shut down (due to dirty water or was flooded). The last thing I needed to worry was eating well and working out, but it entered my mind quite a bit. Without clean water, we had to figure out what to eat that didn’t involve a ton of dishes, couldn’t shower (for two days we were told not to and then I got a mole removed so I couldn’t for 2 days anyways, especially with the water conditions). It was especially hard to not be able to work out since it really has become my way of relieving stress and dealing with things.

But I guess there were a few good things about last week. The running partner and I did 7 miles on Saturday which I was pretty proud of. I’ve never gone that far before! I was more excited to take a clean shower (she lives 30 min from where I live, so plenty of clean water!). I could definitely tell that I hadn’t worked out like I normally would have, but it was over all a good run. It also didn’t rain like it was supposed to on Friday and no rain in the forecast so hopefully the rivers can really go down and we can be ok for a while. Course now the clean up begins. And to be able to help my town out in its time of need really makes me feel good. It was a lot of crazy to deal with, but now that it is all over with I can feel good about the part I played in it all.

But last week is now in the past (thankfully!) and I am ready for a great week.
This week Ames Park and Rec are having free drop in classes (well technically a can of food or two) and I am excited to try out a few new classes. I am debating tonight’s class though. Zumba or Kettlebell blast. Tomorrow I am going to try Med Ball Madness and I am thinking I might want to do Zumba because I would be less sore for the Med Ball class tomorrow. Then Wednesday I am going to do Zumba again. Which of course makes me a very happy girl. I am going to squeeze some runs in too. On the schedule for the weekend is another 7 mile run. I am interested to see how I feel after that one. Since I know I will much more prepared and already have one under my belt.

This weekend I am throwing my sister a baby shower and have to finish getting all my ducks in a row for going back to school. I start next Monday and I am so excited. Scared but so excited. I have some odds and ends to finish for the shower. I have a much longer list of things to do to get ready for school. Since last week completely got away from me, I need to squeeze most of it in this week. Plus the night workouts, it's going to be a very busy week!

So here is to an excellent week and getting everything on my to do list done :)

No comments:

Post a Comment