Pages

Welcome to my blog!

I am Buffy, I live in Iowa with my kitty cat Meowshine and stay rather busy trying to be healthy, eating right, working out, working my full-time job and running my own custom jewelry business on the side. Thanks for coming along for the ride :)



Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Week 3...

Really, already week 3?
Last week went fairly well. Had another 5 mile run on Wednesday with Sara and a 6 mile run on Saturday. Still seems crazy that I can go that far. On Saturday’s run, I ran for a longer amount of time then I did when I ran with Sara (run two, walk one). In the beginning I would try and stick to run two walk one but my calves were giving me some major issues. I think I was dehydrated from drinking the night before. When I got up I ate an english muffin and some yogurt spread, and in the hour and some odd minutes before I ran, I drank at least 16 oz of water. I also took a water bottle with me so I could continue to drink water throughout. But my calves hurt pretty bad for the first mile or so. For a while I tried to run through it but that was not working and really only made it worse. Finally I decided to take it slower and that seemed to help. After that I was ok to run for longer and longer. My basic plan was to run for as long as I possibly could and then would walk for a little bit and then back at it. Overall it was a good run. Lesson learned though that I shouldn’t drink very much the night before a long run :) Not that I drank a lot but I will definitely scale back if I do chose to drink at all. And maybe even end the night with a big tall glass of water, just for good measure. I just don’t want a little bit of fun the night before, to interfere with my run the next day.
I was having some issues with my hamstring, up where it meets my butt. I noticed it with about 2 miles left but have had issues with it being sore before. It was really sore all day on Saturday (even with icing it) and I haven’t had it hurt that badly for that long before. But on Sunday and today I haven’t felt any pain at all so it could be just the fact I ran that far and that long that it didn’t like it so much. It’s probably gotta get used to it :)
Hmmm what else training related? I didn’t get my yoga in last week, which makes me sad but I know this next week I will get it in. I let it slide on Friday morning like I had planned and was in no condition to do it Sunday. No excuses this week though. If I have time I might even try and get two different sessions in this week. I know I will be busy though since we have a wedding this weekend that we are in and getting all that stuff ready AND getting ready for back to school.

The last week has been a huge emotional roller coaster. Since deciding to go back to school and registering and telling my boss and all of that stuff, I was pretty drained. Excited but drained. I can’t help but wonder how I will pull it all off and workout with the intensity that I have become accustomed to and all that but I am ready for the challenge. I know that life is going to be much more difficult for the next two years and I will need to make some pretty big changes but I know it will all be good. I am paying for school out of my own pocket and I know that I won’t have any money left over for the fun stuff but I am ok with that too. I know I am investing my money into something that will get me a job and life I can really appreciate and its about time I take the leap and do it. Plus all my money was going to student loans from round one and now that those are going to be put on deferment I can just use that money toward my current classes. Well I still am going to pay the interest for the old loans but that won’t be much money a month so I can swing that. I think I am just trying to wrap my mind around it all. I am still so super excited about it all but I am trying now to deal with all the changes that I know is going to happen when I am in school. I know that I have my priorities and working out and being healthy is still really high on the list. But I also know that it can’t be as high as it was and that kind of scares me. I guess I am trying to sort it all out in my brain. I do have to say a major plus to going back to school is now I will have access to the fitness center.

It was brought to my attention that I didn’t have the link attached to my last post for what I am going back to school for so I am including it in this one. Sorry about that :)
http://www.hdfs.hs.iastate.edu/ugradprogram/chfs.php

No comments:

Post a Comment