Pages

Welcome to my blog!

I am Buffy, I live in Iowa with my kitty cat Meowshine and stay rather busy trying to be healthy, eating right, working out, working my full-time job and running my own custom jewelry business on the side. Thanks for coming along for the ride :)



Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Rest of this week...

Seems like time is flying by! This month has so much going on. Between getting ready to go back to school, a wedding the hubby and I are in, training for the half marathon, planning my sister’s baby shower, and all my normal stuff, I am a busy little thing. Ok so this week (or rather what is left of it) I have a few things I am focused on more specifically on: the wedding we are in, a 5k on Saturday morning, and tomatoes.

Seems kinda random? I have started to compile a list of things I need to address this month, but right now with this week I needed to focus in on what needs done right now. That and my run tonight with Sara. Hopefully the storms hold off or come early so we can have a nice run.

So for the wedding I have tried to make my husband help with things he can handle but normally I would do and worry about. He is an usher and I am a guestbook attendant. I had him get the RSVP in for the rehearsal dinner and he will need to figure out what time he needs to be there for pictures and what not. Since my roll is pretty minor I have offered to help the bride any way I can. Help with programs, pick up tuxes, whatever she needs. I have no definite duties right now other then guestbook but whatever she needs I told her I can help with. I have her gift taken care of, I made her jewelry for her bridesmaids. She wanted to pay me but I wanted to give them to her as a gift. Less hassle that way and now one less thing I need to worry about. Most of the other plans are nailed down so only a few things left to figure out. Which makes me happy :)

The 5k is in State Center Iowa on Saturday morning. It is for an awesome cause. My running partner Sara lives there and told me about it. So I am running with her, a friend of hers and her I am really interested in seeing how our running is doing and if it will decrease our 5k time. Guess we’ll see.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Marshalltown-IA/Ethan-Ethan-Timothy-Hungerford-Action-Network/250195573717

And then there are the tomatoes. As some of you home gardeners or general lover of tomatoes know, it is prime tomato season. The hubby picked the ready ones last night and man do we have lots. Which is great because I LOVE them. Just wondering if anyone has some favorite tomato recipes they want to share? I’m hoping to try out some that I have saved and report back about how yummy they are! And I would love to try any suggestions anyone has that look tasty to me. That and cucumbers. Any for cucumbers would be great too.

Then on Sunday I can re-prioritize what I need to address for next week. Until then I am going to let the other stuff go and just focus on the now.

No comments:

Post a Comment