Pages

Welcome to my blog!

I am Buffy, I live in Iowa with my kitty cat Meowshine and stay rather busy trying to be healthy, eating right, working out, working my full-time job and running my own custom jewelry business on the side. Thanks for coming along for the ride :)



Monday, May 16, 2011

Dang you Murphy!

I’m having a bad day. Last week wasn’t great either. This weekend was so so but not great either. I have a lot on my mind and I suppose today it has come to a head. The phrase ‘whatever can go wrong will go wrong’ is so appropriate today.

But I don’t want to be in a bad mood because of things that are beyond my control. The things that are making my week, weekend, day bad are not things I have any control over whatsoever. The control lays in how I choose to react to it. Sure there was a moment today I was on the verge of tears because after the millionth thing I just didn’t think I could take anymore. But it was at that moment I thought, I cannot let all this crap upset me so much. I sat at my desk, took some deep breaths and told myself to calm down. After a bit I told myself to think about something positive. I know I need to sort out something in response of all the bad crap that has come up but other things I’m just gonna worry about incessantly. That isn’t helpful and isn’t going to get me anywhere except an upset stomach.

One thing that has become crystal clear to me is you have control over so much in your life and that is where you should focus your attention. Not on the things you don’t. Sometimes is seems like a fine line and sometimes things you think you have control over you really don’t and vice versa. But needlessly worrying about those that you don’t is really pointless. Sometimes unavoidable but pointless nonetheless. So I took a few moments and felt the worry and anger. I went through the thoughts and feelings and then let them go. Or as best I can. I changed my focus onto the little bits of positive I can find in my life and it has really helped minimize the negative emotions. It’s not easy but I suppose nothing that is worth it ever is. It takes practice and time and I have had a lot of that in the past 7 months. Life is definitely chucking lemons at me and damn it I’m gonna make lemonade!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you had a crappy day but am so glad you found ways to turn it into a positive to get yourself through it. Those days will be few and far between.

    ReplyDelete