Pages

Welcome to my blog!

I am Buffy, I live in Iowa with my kitty cat Meowshine and stay rather busy trying to be healthy, eating right, working out, working my full-time job and running my own custom jewelry business on the side. Thanks for coming along for the ride :)



Monday, June 7, 2010

Is it worth it?

I just read another blog on spark that really got me thinking. Especially lately when I have been so up and down in my emotions and feeling overwhelmed and all that.
http://www.dailyspark.com/blog.asp?post=is_it_worth_it

There have been times in the last few months where I have asked that very question. I have worked hard, I had eaten right, and I felt stuck and like I was just wasting my time. Losing weight and staying healthy is hard. Sometimes all you want to do is eat that bag of M&M’s. Sometimes you just don’t want to get up early to work out. Sometimes it all just seems like too much.

And so that leads one to ask, is it all worth is? In a process that you often times you can’t see the results right away. In a process that takes so much time and energy. In a process that seems like a puzzle at times to get it right.
But the answer is and always has been, yes. Of course it’s worth it because you are worth it. It seems so simple but it often times isn’t. You have to know that all this work and all this time and energy is worth all of it because you deserve to have a long and happy, healthy life. Because if you don’t believe it, who will?

I was having a conversation this weekend with a girl and the comment she made sticks out in my head so painfully. ‘If I lose 10 pounds, I think I will be happy’. It broke my heart because I had been there, wanting to lose much more then she did and I know the truth. I told her that losing weight will not make her happier because you have to fix the insides to be happy on the outside. It was something that never occurred to me 40 pounds ago. Back when I hated myself and couldn’t say a nice thing about myself. I was slowly drowning myself in a mountain of food and I had no idea what I was doing. Deep down I knew but I didn’t care enough to look at what I was doing to myself. I was content on being fat and unhappy. Not saying you can’t be over weight and happy but I was not. The thing I never realized that the weight was not the reason I was unhappy. It sure didn’t help, but it was the route cause of my unhappiness. I had to find that and fix that to be happy, not just lose 40 pounds. Now that I have started to realize the real reason for the unhappiness that was in me, now I can start to fix it and start being that happy person I have always wanted to be. And it is truly exhilarating to know that I have the power to decide that.

Life is too short to be miserable. You have to decide that you are worth saving. I decided that it was time to start loving myself instead of the constant self torture. It is worth all the work and sacrifice and belief that you can have a happy life. You can do all the things you have always wanted to do. You can be who ever you decide you want to be. You can see the good and beauty in yourself if you want to. If you want to, you can find a way for all of that. You can be the healthy person you deserve to be.
So put the donut down. Your new life can begin today.

No comments:

Post a Comment