Pages

Welcome to my blog!

I am Buffy, I live in Iowa with my kitty cat Meowshine and stay rather busy trying to be healthy, eating right, working out, working my full-time job and running my own custom jewelry business on the side. Thanks for coming along for the ride :)



Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Week 9...3 more to go?!?

Hey! Happy Wednesday :)
So last week’s workouts were right on target. I ran the miles I needed to, I ran them in the time frames that were listed, I got in my strength training workout (Bob Harper’s DVD) and everything. Course for the last one I hurt for three days so I can tell I was rather rusty. Ok honest, I hadn’t done a real strength training workout since the end of April when my wrist started bothering me so I was REALLY rusty. So I’m hoping this week I can have my second week like that.

I had a shorter long run last Saturday (7 miles) but I have my longest one to date this Saturday. 11 miles. Yikes! It is the longest one before the half-marathon (which is October 16th). I’m nervous but I know I can do it. I refuse to doubt myself. What’s the point in that? It will be good to have all that time to think. I have a big anniversary next week and I have had a lot of painful emotions floating around that I need to sort out. What better time to do that then when you are running 11 miles? Seriously over the last year I don’t know what I would have done without running. It’s been my savior and therapy. Stay tuned for an emotional post next week. You have been warned…

No comments:

Post a Comment